Contact Us

Language School FAQ

How does the application process work?

  1. We send you the 2 online application links by email.
  2. After you have completed the application and documents, we check them before submitting them to the school on your behalf
  3. Your school will review the application and upon approval, they will then submit it to the Japanese Immigration for your Student Visa approval
  4. You pay your tuition and get your COE when it is released.
  5. You bring the COE to the embassy or consulate, get your student visa, and come to Japan!


Do I have to be enrolled in University or be a current student to apply?
No! You do not need to currently be enrolled in university, or have graduated from university to be eligible to apply! For application requirements, please contact us and we can provide further detailed information!

Can you study in a language school if you’re over 30?
Absolutely! We have successfully helped many students over 30 come to Japan! Some application requirements vary, so for more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!

How much is the general cost of living in Japan?
Japanese immigration estimates that 6 months of full-time study in Japan costs about 1,000,000yen. This is including tuition, housing, and some living expenses. But if you’re thinking of studying for a longer or shorter period of time, please contact us and we can provide some further information!

Do you offer scholarships?
Unfortunately, we do not assist with financial aid or scholarships for our partnered language schools, so we are unable to provide any information about those types of programs. However, Tokyo International University offers a Tuition Reduction Scholarship for all students! To see more information, you can find the school’s information page under the UNIVERSITIES section.

Can I only apply to schools listed on your website?
Unfortunately yes. We cannot offer assistance in applying for language schools that we are not currently partnered with, as they each have their own process and regulations that we are unaware of.

Do you only help with long-term studies?
Of course not! We can assist you in applying for studies from 3 months, or even shorter with our specialized Study trips that range from 2 – 4 weeks. You can check these out from the STUDY TRIPS tab at the top of the page. For more information on short-term stays, just ask!

Can I choose if I get morning or afternoon classes?
Your school will determine your class schedule based on your current level of Japanese. Most schools will have beginner courses in the afternoons, and more advanced students placed in the morning classes.

When should I arrive to Japan?
We suggest arrivals no earlier than 1 – 4 days prior to your school start. If you arrive at an earlier time this can cause complications for you opon arrival at Immigration. But not to worry, your Student Coordinator will be able to advise your school’s starting dates well in advance so you can prepare your travel arrangements.

Can I bring my pet?
Technically yes, however bringing pets to Japan can be a very complicated process with a lot of paperwork. For some further information about requirements for your pets travel abroad, we recommend checking out this site: http://www.maff.go.jp/aqs/english/animal/im_index.html