Japanese student visa

From Go! Go! Nihon Japan WIKI



Who needs a student visa?

All the students that are willing to study full time (4 hours a day, 5 days a week) Japanese in Japan, for 6 months or more.

How can I get a student visa?

First you need to find the school that suits you. Just in Tokyo, there are more than 160 language schools where you may apply for a student visa and if you consider also other cities like Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya etc... choosing the right school can be very hard. Go! Go! Nihon has visited many of those schools, talking with teachers and students, collecting feedback and personal reviews, so we could select the schools that we believe are the best Japanese language schools in Japan.

To be able to enroll in a Japanese language school, university or higher education institution, you must apply for a student visa. The person who will apply for a student visa, must provide the Japanese consulate in his/her country with the following documentation:

How can I get the certificate of eligibility?

Go! Go! Nihon has worked alongside Japanese language schools and Japan immigration to simplify the documents needed to get the student visa. The result is a very simple process, which with our help, is as painless of a procedure as possible. We have created our own personal online application form which is used universally with all of our partner schools to minimize errors and the time it takes to apply.

We are proud to say that 100% of the students whom have applied to a Japanese language school with Go! Go! Nihon have successfully received a certificate of eligibility from Japanese Immigration.

Document Explanation
Application form The application form requires the student to fill some personal data like name, surname, telephone, address etc... Go! Go! Nihon can forward to you the school of your choice's application form and help you in filling it properly, so you won't make any mistakes which in turn allows Japanese Immigration to refuse your visa application.
Photo Sending a digital photo by e-mail will be fine. It has to be a clear picture of your face, like the one you would use for your passport.
Passport Copy A copy of the page with your name and your photo, plus all the pages reporting your previous entries into Japan.
Oath of Expenses (if you need a financial guarantor) Usually is not required, but if you are young (ad example 18 or 19 years old) and you don't have a job yet, you may need to provide a document where a member of your family or another person, will guarantee that he/she will support you financially during your stay in Japan as a language student.

When should I apply?

The study semester in Japan starts four times a year: January, April, July and October. The application needs to be submitted around 4 months before the desired semester start in order to receive a visa from the Japanese immigration office. For example:

Student visa starts Application deadline
January 2016 15 September 2015
April 2016 18 November 2015
July 2016 15 March 2016
October 2016 13 May 2016

Please note that the above dates are examples. If you want to know the deadline, please refer to our homepage where it can always be found on the top of the page.

How long can I study with a student visa?

You can study for up to two years on a student visa. However you don't have to spend those 2 years coming to Japan only once. If, for example, you go back to Japan after 1 year of studying Japanese, you will still be able to re-apply in the future for the remaining year. However, if you study for 1 year and leave Japan, you will not be eligible for another pre-college visa.

Can I work with a student visa?

During your stay you can work at a part-time job in Japan for up to 28 hours a week. Many students use these jobs to help offset the cost of living in Japan. Students are also allowed to travel in and out of the country without having to reapply for a visa each time, but are required to apply for a re-entry permit.

I have more specific questions. Where can I find help?

Go! Go! Nihon provides the prospect student with free advice. You may contact us in the following ways:

External links

Questa pagina รจ anche disponibile in Italiano